Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Steady wins the race

You've seen the ads...

Loose 25 pounds before Easter, loose 4 dress sizes in 2 weeks....

Well I hope you know this is not true. It might work for a while but next thin you know you can't fit in the pants you bought 2 weeks ago.

I KNOW! I HAVE THOSE SUPER CUTE CAPRIS I BOUHT LAST YEAR AND I NEVER WORE!!!

WHOA! That feels good!

You know why it doesn't work?

I'll tell you why! BECAUSE LIFE HAPPENS!!! And even if I'm almost never hungry on the Dr. Oz 2 weeks thingy diet....At one point we all need other foods than chicken breast and baby spinach!!!

This week I made chili with lean ground beef, no cheese, no sour cream...but I added 1/4 avocado on our bowls. And green onions of course!
..
in this case the key is PORTION CONTROL!!! I ate 1/2 cup with the 1/4 avocado and 1/2 of a pickle and was fine with it until I took another helping! Yikes! I did not feel good AT ALL!

I am used to think that a chili portion is a BOWL FULL well not anymore...

I do eat food I love but not every week. Splurge days are a must!

                                                    Bob and Boubou agree! One must splurge
                                                    to keep mental health balanced!
                                                    Boubou loves the sun but hates to get his
                                                    paws wet!
                                                     Bob is a real Quebec winter cat.

                      So my weight sliming friends, I wish you patience and good health and
                      hang in there!
                      Steady wins the race :)

No comments: