Saturday, May 9, 2015

Stress

Deciding and trying to sell your house is very stressful.

Some days I don't know if I am coming or going....I fall asleep the minute my head touches the pillow!

Last weekend was the worst we had 3 visits on Saturday and 3 offers to buy. I find having strangers i my house very weird....We are now in limbo following the inspection....

But really folks what do people expect when they consider buying a 70 years old renovated cabin???

It seems they are a lot of things that are not up to code.....But on our end everything works fine....

And I am always surprised when people tell me they like my furniture!

I will miss my house but not my town , I am looking forward to walking a lot everyday, here you need your car for most everywhere and no sidewalks....and people drive very fast, way above the limit.

I will miss the night music courtesy of frogs and bugs that dwell nearby and I will try to record it.

I am looking forward to spend more time with my Dad and be there if he needs us. I am also looking forward to shop at mom and pop stores for groceries....Oh and the ethnic grocers! Oh joy!!!

But before all that the house has to be sold...in the meantime we are fixing it so we enjoy the warm season (here Spring lasted about 3 days)  and it is now about 86 F....So we installed the AC today and are getting nearer to start the pool....I am crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

This is something I will definitely miss!

                                I rescued these trilliums when part of the woods was destroyed to build
                                a Maxi & Cie (Canada's Superstore) in my boondock.
                               
                                Sometimes it is illegal to pick them, but I figured I was saving part of the natural
                                heritage of Ile Perrot.
                                 Both sides of the highway are covered with trilliums this time of year. It is one of my
                                   favorite springtime flower and I have great memories of going to Mont Royal (Montreal) with my Dad to pick some when I was a kid (1970's)

So that's it for now, thanks for reading and I can't wait to thrift (next weekend)!

Be well and stay thrifty!

1 comment:

Cheapchick said...

Selling your home is about one of the most stressful things you can do in life. Fingers and toes crossed for you that everything goes thru smoothly. Nice that you had so many offers!